Peek-a-reads

Peek-a-reads
Jeanette, Gloria, Tina, Maggie, & Loretta

Monday, August 16, 2010

FW: Book group

For your information…from Carol.  J

 

From: Carol Meehan [mailto:carol.meehan@ndscs.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 1:37 PM
To: Carol.Meehan@ndscs.edu; Shirley.Fox-Trydahl@ndscs.edu; Tina.Grenier@ndscs.edu; gloria.dohman@ndscs.edu
Subject: Book group

 

Hello everyone!

 

Regretfully, I will be unable to make it to book group tomorrow night. 

Jim’s son is in town tomorrow for a meeting – and we haven’t seen him for about a year.

 

I picked this month’s selection.  Here’s why.  I wanted to pick a new author and an author that most of us may not have read.  Also, the book won an award.  As I searched the new recommended authors at Barnes & Noble, reading the beginning of the first chapter of many books – it is this book that grabbed my attention within the first two pages.

 

Did I like the book?  I think I would give it a neutral sign – neither thumb up or down.  I thought the ending was a quick turn around – she walks out the door and is all better?  The second thing I noticed somewhere in the middle of reading – it is one long chapter.  (ee cummings – style?)  When I think about this book – I think it is a modern day version of “Catcher in the Rye.”

 

Sorry I will miss the discussion.  Hope to see you next month.

 

Carol

 

PS:  Tina, I do not have everyone’s e-mail address.  Please send out to everyone in the book group for me.  Thank you.

 

Carol Meehan

TrainND

Program Director

NDSCS-Fargo at the STTC

 

701.231.6933 (Direct Phone)

701.231.6905 (Fax)

 

carol.meehan@ndscs.edu

www.ndscs.edu/outreach

www.trainND.com

 

Follow TrainND on Facebook!

facebook_logosm

 

It's a competitive world.  Train for it.

 

No comments: