Peek-a-reads

Peek-a-reads
Jeanette, Gloria, Tina, Maggie, & Loretta

Monday, April 2, 2012

Re: Hunger Games

I would like to read it. Gloria

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Barton, Cindy" <Cindy.Barton@ndscs.edu>
To: "Grenier, Tina" <Tina.Grenier@ndscs.edu>, "Alice Haugen (alicehaugen1@yahoo.com)" <alicehaugen1@yahoo.com>, "Blogger Email" <Tina.Grenier.undercover6bookgroup@blogger.com>, "Kassa, Carin" <Carin.Kassa@ndscs.edu>, "Carol Meehan" <caroldmeehan@aol.com>, "Cindy Splichal" <Csplichal@702com.net>, "Fox-Trydahl, Shirley" <Shirley.Fox@ndscs.edu>, "Dohman, Gloria" <Gloria.Dohman@ndscs.edu>, "Goroski, Heather" <Heather.Goroski@ndscs.edu>, "Janet Hasbargen" <janetjeanh@yahoo.com>, "Jeanette &amp; Carmen" <cjplum@702com.net>, "Ost, Jodi" <jodi.ost@ndscs.edu>, "Peterson, Judith" <Judith.Peterson@ndscs.edu>, "Kathy Hoffert" <bobkat50@yahoo.com>, "Loretta Meyer" <lorettameyer@hotmail.com>, "Maggie Vertin" <mvertin@wah.midco.net>
Subject: Hunger Games
Date: Mon, Apr 2, 2012 9:22 am



I finished Hunger Games this weekend and will bring it back to the college Library shortly.

 

I have to say I was surprised at how much I liked it. I wasn't sure I wanted to read something about kids fighting to the death just to get food. That was creepy to me. But when I finished, it left me wanting more –  so I downloaded the 2nd book in audiobook format and hope to get to that tonight. I thought I'd be grossed out but it was not as bad as I expected and the story lines were very interesting. I'm looking forward to the discussion!

 

Whomever is next on the list, I'm heading to the Library now (9:30) with the book.

 

Cindy Barton

No comments: