Peek-a-reads

Peek-a-reads
Jeanette, Gloria, Tina, Maggie, & Loretta

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Re: March - July, 2008 Updates

Greetings to all,

Would really like to join you for the meal and
discussion but have an appointment in Fargo so won't
be able to attend. Sounds like a good
night.............hopefully in April I'll be there.

Alice


--- tina.grenier@ndscs.nodak.edu wrote:

> Good Morning Fellow Members!
>
> March 13th - "Salsa" so come as you are and discuss
> any book you have read or are reading. I can't wait
> to share what I have been reading - I love it! We
> will eat and then move to a separate room to discuss
> the book. Shirley got us reservations at the NDSCS
> River Valley Inn restaurant, for six members, on
> March 13th, 2008 - yeah Shirley! The meal is buffet
> and the time is 5:30 pm - Shirley, let us know if I
> have any of this incorrect. The five members I have
> attending are Connie, Shirley, Kathy, Carol and
> Tina. If you would like to attend or are on this
> list and cannot attend let Shirley know at
> Shirley.Fox@ndscs.nodak.edu - this way she can
> adjust the reservation number. If you want to
> attend you have until March 7th to notify Shirley.
> ****Note: this is a different day & time****
>
> Our April 16th read is back to typical day and time
> and is Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. We will
> meet at the Wilkin at 5 pm in the main portion of
> the restaurant. I have a copy of this available
> also - let me know if you would like it.
>
> We will meet May 21st at the Wilkin (or possibly the
> Pavilion if the weather is nice) - we will decide
> closer to that time. Connie Graham suggested what
> is now our May read - From the corner of his eye by
> Dean Koontz. I have requested the library purchase
> an audiobook and paperback in this. :) - they have
> not arrived yet but let me know if you would like to
> be put on the list.
>
> June 18th - Salsa. I am going to read Beowulf - the
> epic poem. Anyone is welcome to join me. :) -Tina.
> We have several books and an audiobook of the poem.
> I also think it would be nice to compare to the
> recently released movie. :)
>
> July - enjoy the weather...no meeting.
>
> Tina
>
> Last but certainly not least items:
> Do you feel like you were left out of the loop? You
> are not alone. I have been having technical
> difficulties on this side for I believe quite
> awhile. I've sent allot of emails, and to my and
> your dismay, most of them did not go through despite
> the fact that they showed "sent" to me. :{ I
> started fresh with a new email group - let me know
> if you get this. So, here is my toast for starting
> anew! Cheers! :) You will notice a couple members
> missing from the list. I am emailing them in
> specific to find out their intent on the group.
> The Blog - Connie, Kathy or I would be glad to work
> with you if you let us know. We can try to walk you
> through it. We like being on the blog and encourage
> all of you to contact us if you want help. Connie
> and Kathy are now seasoned pro's at joining. Keep
> in mind you do have to have an active invite and
> they do expire- so let me know if I can help you
> there. Again, if you do go on the blog I encourage
> you to select all of your entries to also be sent
> via email to all of us.
> "Reply all" - please use "reply all" to emails to
> assist in keeping the lines of communication flowing
> freely. :)
> Decisions - Decisions will be made by actively
> attending members. This means things can and
> probably will change - if you cannot attend touch
> base to find out for sure to avoid frustration.
> Name - I like the name Angry Housewives eating
> chocolate bon bons (in masses?) Bookgroup - I just
> had to throw that in there. Hee hee. I do like it
> though....it's spicy and so are we!!!!
>
>
>
>

____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

No comments: