Peek-a-reads

Peek-a-reads
Jeanette, Gloria, Tina, Maggie, & Loretta

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Re: Book Club RSVP

Good morning,

Sounds like a thought provoking discussion last night - wonderful!

Feel free to "reply all" to this message with any details for next group.
Until next time...take care.

Tina


----- Original Message -----
From: "Maggie Vertin" <mvertin@wah.midco.net>
To: <tina.grenier@ndscs.nodak.edu>; "'Teansa'" <Teansa2@hotmail.com>;
"'Shirley Fox-Trydahl'" <Shirley.Fox@ndscs.nodak.edu>; "'Loretta Meyer'"
<lorettameyer@hotmail.com>; "'Kathy'" <bobkat50@yahoo.com>; "'Jeanette'"
<cjplum@702com.net>; "'Janet'" <janetjeanh@yahoo.com>; "'Carol Meehan'"
<carol.meehan@ndscs.edu>; "'Alice'" <alice_haugen@yahoo.com>; "'Heather
Goroski'" <heather.Goroski@ndscs.nodak.edu>; "'Tina Grenier'"
<Tina.Grenier@ndscs.edu>; <"Gloria.Dohman@ndscs.edu"@smtp1.NoDak.edu>;
"'Connie Graham'" <connie.graham@wah.midco.net>; "'Carol Meehan'"
<Carol.Meehan@ndscs.nodak.edu>; "'Blogger email'"
<Tina.Grenier.undercover6bookgroup@blogger.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:15 PM
Subject: RE: Book Club RSVP


> Hey
>
> Good to see everyone tonight. I thought we had some great discussion and
> raised a few good questions. I haven't gotten out the map yet, but did
> find
> a note that I meant to bring up tonight regarding what I felt was the most
> memorable line in the book . . .I believe the quote belongs to Troudy who
> muses over Will's goodness and the fact that we " . . .can't all live in
> perfect harmony with our integrity". Perhaps she is attributing a
> certain
> amount of integrity to herself, while trying to knock Will off what she
> sees
> as his high horse? Altho, I believe she was basically drawn to that
> goodness. I mean, I know I am not an intrinsically deep thinker, but I
> don't think I would ever come up with a line like that. Just more food
> for
> thought. Thanks again, I appreciated all of your comments and
> perceptions.
> Maggie
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: tina.grenier@ndscs.nodak.edu [mailto:tina.grenier@ndscs.nodak.edu]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:10 AM
> To: Teansa; Shirley Fox-Trydahl; Maggie Vertin; Loretta Meyer; Kathy;
> Jeanette; Janet; Carol Meehan; Alice; Heather Goroski; Tina Grenier;
> "Gloria.Dohman@ndscs.edu"@smtp1.NoDak.edu; Connie Graham; Carol Meehan;
> Blogger email
> Subject: Fw: Book Club RSVP
>
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> Just wanted you to know it looks like we will have a healthy number this
> Wednesday. Look at this wonderful RSVP list:
>
> Shirley
> Kathy
> Alice (most likely)
> Heather
> Maggie
> Carol
> Connie
> Jeanette
> Loretta
>
> Wow! What a crew! Kathy agreed to facilitate - thanks Kathy - you are
> wonderful! Enjoy everyone!
>
> The group will be minus Janet, Gloria and I. Janet will be enjoying a
> trip
> to Mexico. I shared the beautiful message from Janet to us below.
> Gloria,
> a new member who would like to try attending sometime, will not be
> attending
>
> because she is also on vacation. As for me, I will be picking Rome, my
> dog,
>
> from surgery in Casselton and returning home to care for her. She will
> have
>
> 3 tumors removed associated with her mammary glands and sent to be checked
> for cancer, they are also spading her at the age of 8 to avoid future
> complications. I will be thinking of, and missing, all of you.
>
>
> Janet's message:
>
> Tina, sorry to have missed your phone calls the other day. I have been
> busy
>
> with meetings, volunteer work etc. these days and am taking a winter break
> next week and going to Mexico with my two daughters to "get away from it
> all." We booked this at thanksgiving weekend and here it is already and
> time to pack our bag and head out. I have taken note of the books chosen
> for reading, but will be unable to make the meeting this month again. I
> miss you all and the stimulating discussions over books we have read and
> are
>
> reading. Hope all is well with everyone in the group. Fond regards to
> all,
>
> Janet Hasbargen
>
>
>

No comments: