Peek-a-reads

Peek-a-reads
Jeanette, Gloria, Tina, Maggie, & Loretta

Monday, June 2, 2008

June, July & August meeting (plus, recap of May selection)

Hi Girls,
 
From the Corner of My Eye by Dean Koontz was a "thumbs up" from all members I talked to.  We agreed it was a different book but different in a good sort of way.  One of my favorite lines, not quote because listening to it on audio I'm not exactly sure where it was at, was:  
 
 "_________   (insert name or topic here) is a pimple on humanities ass" - funny & very apropos for various topics - pardon the swear word of course.
 
So, just to update, June 18th, 2008 is our next meeting, 5 to 7 p.m. at the Pavilion on the patio.  Shake it up SALSA is the theme, in other words, read what you want and report.  This is also a good time to say we are taking July off.  August 20th is the meeting time after June.
 
One member expressed Wednesday is a bad night.  If others feel this way or vice-versa like Wednesdays drop me line - remember emails will automatically post to the web so feel free to call me instead if you want privacy.  671-2612
 
Also, if you reply or forward emails you may want delete the old text or just start a new one if possible.  I say this because when I was looking at the blog I saw my email to all of you about a billion times due to the reply method & I got to thinking this may frustrate some of you. 
 
Maybe...next time we can take pictures and get them on the web!  If you guys love pictures of yourself like I do I'm sure you can't wait to jump on that opportunity - joke. :) LOL 
 
Take care until we meet again,
 
Tina
 
 

1 comment:

LaRae said...

Yikes.
I'll miss out again. This time because I'm having carpal tunnel surgery on 6/16 in St. Paul and then staying with my folks for a bit of recovery time. My salsa contribution would be to explore the Agatha Raisin "who-dunnits". I've found them light and fun, plus it feels like I'm traveling in Europe while I enjoy them.
Hoping for August,
LaRae